Clover, the burned puppy is now serving as a Fire Station Dog
We introduced you to Clover back in February while she was being fostered through Suncoast Animal League.
Clover was only a few weeks old when she was trapped in a house fire, along with her mom and litter mates. During the fire, her mom crawled on top of her puppies to save them. Unfortunately for Clover, the baby gate surrounding the little family fell on top of her, causing several burns on her tiny puppy body.
Not only has clover recovered, but she was also adopted by the Madeira Beach Fire Department and she serves as their station dog. She visits the community to educate about fire safety and is currently training to be a service dog and as well as a Canine Good Citizen.
Clover lives at the station and the firefighters take turns caring for her. The team loves having her around to help cope with the stressors involved with fighting fires.
You can follow along with Clover’s Journey on her very own Facebook Page.
You can see more of Clover’s puppy photos in our earlier blog post.